8 plastic quart bottles of Black bed liner and two quarts of SMR-222 activator; which when mixed yields two gallons sprayable. Also included is a mixing cup for measuring the color and the activator. A free shutz spray gun to apply the bed liner is also included.
The SMR-1000 is a 1.7 lbs/gallon voc and is the only bed liner that is 50 state compliant.
SMR-1000 is a true 2K urethane with outstanding adhesion to steel and sanded paint.
This coating is formulated to withstand the same atmospheric conditions as a high quality single stage urethane topcoat.
.True 2K Urethane Durability
.Uniform Jet Black Color
.Excellent Exterior Stability from UV Light
.Chemical Resistant Finish
• Easy to use: ADD hardener - SHAKE - SPRAY (see instructions below)
• Abrasion and Stain Resistant
• Protects against rust, corrosion salt, damp & extreme temperatures
• Waterproof, flexible, helps deaden sound & vibrations
• Apply with shutz gun at different pressures to obtain different textures
• Provides excellent adhesion
Surface should be cleaned of all grease, oil, dirt, rust, etc before sanding.
Wash area with soap and warm water, then rinse and dry.
Thoroughly clean area with Wax and Grease Remover.
Scuff surface with 180-220 grit sandpaper.
Re-clean with wax and grease remover, then dry with a clean towel.
Instructions: Apply Bed Liner between 60 - 85 degrees F and humidity less than 70%, Not in direct sunlight.
1. Add 8 ounces of SMR-222 activator to a quart bottle of SMR-1000.
2. Screw on quart bottle cap and shake for two minutes.
3. Remove the cap and screw in the Shutz Spray Gun.
4. Adjusting the air pressure (60-80 PSI) and spray distance will change the texture.
5. Apply a uniform wet coat of bed liner using a sweeping motion.
6. After a 2 minute flash, apply a very light 2nd coat, sprayed at 80 PSI, using a fast sweeping motion.
Usable Pot life at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C : 60 minutes
Touch Dry at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C : 1 hour subject to film build.
Light duty: 2 days at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C.
Regular duty: 5 days at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C.
Health and Safety:
See Material Safety Data Sheet and labels for additional safety information and handling instructions.
The contents of this package may have to be blended with other components before the product can be used. Before opening the packages, be sure you understand the warning messages on the labels and MSDS’s of all components, since
the mixture will have the hazards of all its parts.
* Improper handling and use, for example, poor spray technique, inadequate engineering controls and or lack of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), may result in hazardous conditions or injury.
* Follow spray equipment manufacturer’s instructions to prevent personal injury or fire.
* Provide adequate ventilation for health and fire hazard control.
Follow company, product MSDS and respirator manufacturer’s recommendations for selection and proper use of respiratory protection. Be sure employees are adequately trained on the safe use of respirators per company and regulatory
* Wear appropriate PPE such as eye and skin protection. In the event of injury, see first aid procedures on MSDS.
* Always observe all applicable precautions and follow good safety and hygiene practices.
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Used the T Rex system. Was easy to use and great/awesome results! I will no doubt be using this again
Great product. I have used this for undercoating (removing and coating all rust first), beds, and just a cool looking durable texture finish on jeeps and trucks. It hides bodywork easily and looks fantastic. highly recommend!
great product, just as good as raptor at half the cost, real easy to apply. and cheap price!
We are a professional body shop, and whenever a customer requests a spray in bed liner, our go to is T-Rex! We switched from using another popular brand, to T-Rex for a few reasons. #1 Speedokote's customer service is second to none. #2 The other brand wouldn't even answer an email, let alone their phone. #3 T-Rex is the best bed liner I have used. It has a great texture, and outstanding adhesion. #4 Speedokote makes excellent products that both pros and hobbyists can use, and save money to boot!
Have used it several times now. Very tough and the color holds up very well in the elements.
I have used this stuff on many products painted 3 entire vehicles it easy to use and affordable and DIY can handle the task... What my videos on youtube at drivenbygears for more in depth speedokote textured paint videos.
Great bed liner sprays nice looks great easy to use drys fast price is good did the bottom of a truck with it looks great