8 plastic quart bottles of Tintable Bed Liner (SMR-1000T) and two quarts of SMR-222 activator; which when mixed yields two gallons sprayable. Also included is a mixing cup for measuring the color and the activator. A free shutz spray gun to apply the bed liner is also included.
The SMR-1000T is a 1.7 lbs/gallon voc and is the only bed liner that is 50 state compliant.
SMR-1000T is a true 2K urethane with outstanding adhesion to steel and sanded paint.
This coating is formulated to withstand the same atmospheric conditions as a high quality single stage urethane topcoat.
.True 2K Urethane Durability
.Excellent Exterior Stability from UV Light
.Chemical Resistant Finish
• Easy to use: ADD hardener - SHAKE - SPRAY (see instructions below)
• Abrasion and Stain Resistant
• Protects against rust, corrosion salt, damp & extreme temperatures
• Waterproof, flexible, helps deaden sound & vibrations
• Apply with shutz gun at different pressures to obtain different textures
• Provides excellent adhesion
Surface should be cleaned of all grease, oil, dirt, rust, etc before sanding.
Wash area with soap and warm water, then rinse and dry.
Thoroughly clean area with Wax and Grease Remover.
Scuff surface with 180-220 grit sandpaper.
Re-clean with wax and grease remover, then dry with a clean towel.
Instructions: Apply Bed Liner between 60 - 85 degrees F and humidity less than 70%, Not in direct sunlight.
1. Add 3 ounces of color (Tint or Basecoat) to a quart bottle of SMR-1000T, put cap back on and shake 1 minute.
2. Then add 8 ounces of SMR-222 activator to the quart bottle that contains the SMR-1000T and color.
3. Screw on quart bottle cap and shake for two minutes.
4. Remove the cap and screw in the Shutz Spray Gun.
5. Adjusting the air pressure (60-80 PSI) and spray distance will change the texture.
6. Apply a uniform wet coat of bed liner using a sweeping motion.
7. After a 2 minute flash, apply a very light 2nd coat, sprayed at 80 PSI, using a fast sweeping motion.
Usable Pot life at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C : 60 minutes
Touch Dry at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C : 1 hour subject to film build.
Light duty: 2 days at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C.
Regular duty: 5 days at 70 degrees F / 20 degrees C.
Health and Safety:
See Material Safety Data Sheet and labels for additional safety information and handling instructions.
The contents of this package may have to be blended with other components before the product can be used. Before opening the packages, be sure you understand the warning messages on the labels and MSDS’s of all components, since
the mixture will have the hazards of all its parts.
* Improper handling and use, for example, poor spray technique, inadequate engineering controls and or lack of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), may result in hazardous conditions or injury.
* Follow spray equipment manufacturer’s instructions to prevent personal injury or fire.
* Provide adequate ventilation for health and fire hazard control.
Follow company, product MSDS and respirator manufacturer’s recommendations for selection and proper use of respiratory protection. Be sure employees are adequately trained on the safe use of respirators per company and regulatory
* Wear appropriate PPE such as eye and skin protection. In the event of injury, see first aid procedures on MSDS.
* Always observe all applicable precautions and follow good safety and hygiene practices.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Awesome product it's replace all of my powder coat needs for 1/4 of the cost of powder coat. I can also do it in house myself. I make all of my own colors in house with a polyol based pigment. I just weigh out smaller batches on my scale and spray it through a 2.5 mm HVLP spray gun. You will get a much smoother finish than the supplied Schultz gun with much less over spray.